- - The third instalment of the Rebel Rave series cements 10 years of Crosstown Rebels existence and looks back on their last year of prolific achievements
- - Disc 3 is a compendium of the label’s history carefully selected and mixed by Wunderkind, Subb-an named DJ Magazines ‘Best Breakthrough DJ’ of 2011
- - Discs one and two highlight some of the best moments of 2012 and feature artists that have grown from and with the label such as Art Department, Mathew Jonson, Maceo Plexand Jamie Jones as well as newcomers destined for great things in 2013 such asInfinity Ink and Laura Jones
- - Accompanied by a global tour to mark a decade of the label that will take in 5 continents, 18 countries and 44 artists. Video CR10 tour
As Crosstown Rebels reach a decade of existence they look back with pride on one of their most prolific years to date with the third episode of their treasured Rebel Rave series. This three disc compendium of their yield from 2012 walks back together through a year which saw them launch a mystical festival, Day Zero, and reconnect with classic artists from the label’s history such as Mathew Jonson, Jamie Jones, Tiga & Dinky as well as typically introducing a sea of new faces such asFrancesca Lombardo, Amirali, Fur Coat and Aidan Lavelle.
The third disc is a nostalgic journey on the whole label’s history mixed together by rising star, Subb-an. Named as DJ Magazines ‘Best Breakthrough DJ’ in their 2011 end of year awards, Subb-an’s prodigious studio talents have seen him in demand for remixes of mainstream artists such as Jamie Woon, Lana Del Ray, Noir & Haze and Hollis P Monroe over recent months. An instigator of the infamous Below events in Birmingham and co-owner of One Records alongside Adam Shelton, Subb-an has gradually become cherished worldwide as a tastemaker and musical innovator.
His mix exudes a flair for winning over the dancefloor with graceful stitching and vivacious grooves. He ducks and dives taking a tripped out mood through mind-expanding choices such as Gavin Herlihy’s‘Witching Hour’ and Loco Dice’s remix of Riz MC’s‘Radar’ before steering back to driving into the midst of the night with glorious choices such as D’Julz’s edit of Solomun’s anthemic Rebellion release ‘Daddy’s Jam’ and Subb-an’s own‘Misleading’. His peers Jamie Jones, Francesca Lombardo and Amirali also offer highlights to his seamless selection, with Amirali’s ‘Whisper’ adding an epic and graceful close to his episode.
Subb-an will be a main artist featuring on the colossal 10 years of Crosstown Rebel Rave tour in 2013, taking in five continents and eighteen countries alongside the label founder and flagship artist, Damian Lazarus. This global journey will bear fruit to another torrent of mind tripping, off-the-grid events driven by their tight-knit Rebel family of artists.
Rebel Rave 3 proves why Crosstown Rebels have remained the electronic pioneering force of the past decade and hints at their plans for the future
Label: Crosstown Rebels
Cat no: CRMCD022
Distribution: Above Board Distribution
Released: Tuesday March 19th, 2013
- Subb-an feat. Anomaly Jonez – Misleading.
- Francesca Lombardo – Eyes (Subb-an Edit).
- 3 Channels – Base Place.
- Solomun – Daddy’s Jam (D’julz Remix)
- Subb-an feat. Anomaly Jonez – Positive Expression
- Pier Bucci – Congas Pond
- Riz MC – Radar (Loco Dice In The Box Remix)
- Fosky feat. Shiva – Shiva (The Martinez Brothers Remix)
- Jamie Jones – My Body
- The Model feat. My Favorite Robot – Still In My Heart (Ivan Smagghe Remix Subb-an Edit)
- Dan Berkson – The Hollow
- Gavin Herilhy – Witching Hour
- Pier Bucci – Jess
- Amirali – Just An Illusion (Accapella)
- Mathew Jonson – Dayz
- Amirali – Whisper
CROSSTOWN REBELS 10 YEAR TOUR DATES
JAN 25 SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO
JAN 26 EL ROSARIO LIMA
FEB 16 SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
FEB 17 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
FEB 22 TOKYO JAPAN
FEB 23 HONG KONG CHINA
MAR 01 CHICAGO US
MAR 02 NEW YORK US
MAR 08 MONTREAL CANADA
MAR 09 TORONTO CANADA
MAR 14 SAN FRANCISCO US
MAR 16 LOS ANGELES US
MAR 23 MIAMI US
MAR 30 AMSTERDAM HOLLAND
MAR 31 BASEL SWITZERLAND
APR 07 BARCELONA SPAIN
APR 12 BRUSSELS BELGIUM
APR 13 MUNICH GERMANY
APR 19 ROME ITALY
APR 20 BOLOGNA ITALY
APR 21 MANTOVA ITALY
APR 26 LEEDS UK
APR 27 LONDON UK
APR 28 MOSCOW RUSSIA
MAY 04 STOCKHOLM SWEDEN
MAY 07 PARIS FRANCE
MAY 08 BERLIN GERMANY
MAY 11 MEXICO CITY MEXICO