Boston natives and world-class house music afficionados, Eli Goldstein and Charles Levine AKA Soul Clap started throwing our Dancing On The Charles parties next to Boston´s most famous river back in 2008. Back then they had no idea it would become the inspiration for a now annual music compilation showcasing the immense talent of Boston´s electronic music producers.
Vol 2 showcases a collection of music that embodies the spirit and persistence that fuelled those epic riverside summertime parties, and continues to guide the Boston dance music scene. Soul Clap are responsible for remixes for the likes of Little Dragon and more recently the forthcoming EP from John Newman, as well as colloborating on material for the legendary George Clinton of Parliament fame.
Dancing On The Charles Volume 2 picks up where Volume 1 left off, and features an even more diverse range of music. An overall deep feeling is this years´ theme, as we dive into a 13 track selection from repeat contributors and new Soul Clap Records recruits.
Label: Soul Clap Records
Cat no: SCR010
Released: Monday May 26th, 2014
- Nightriders – Secrets
- Caserta – Heaven
- Tuck Diggz – Fantasies feat. Mystery Roar
- The Sheffield Boys – The Best Coast
- Juice Belushi – How Do You See?
- Bosq & Soul Clap – Higher
- Brenden Wesley – Ritual
- Roldy Cezaire – Wish You Were My Girl
- James Cook – Tempers Flare
- Tamer Malki – Down The Blue
- Peyote Purple – Per Lindstrain
- DLux – Special Source
- Serge Gamesbourg – Gotta Keep Searching