Like always something different at EMN.
Today we have one of the best tracks from Jean Wells deluxe album Soul on Soul.
Jean Wells’ story is not an extraordinary one in the world of soul, although her voice certainly was.
Exclusive Stream thanx 2 BBE Records.
For More info HERE
Released: January 2012
The Disco Demands series started sometime in the early 2000s – I couldn’t give you an exact year because it didn’t feel like a big deal, so I never noted it. I simply wanted to put out a compilation of some records I really liked and maybe make a little of the money back I was spending on them. Buy some food and stuff.
There’s always been Disco comps around of course but there was rarely anything that strayed too far from the standards.. the same songs kept appearing over and over again, or the comps would feature records you could pick up anywhere for little money. I’ve never seen the point in that. I gave up judging a record on its value or rarity a long time ago but surely there’s more to disco than Exodus, Martin Circus, Mass Production and all those Salsoul, West End and bloody Prelude records. So it was a nice surprise to find that there were other people out there who thought the same way.
Volume 1 was pretty straightforward – just some nice records, with ! the only edit being an instrumental of Disco Socks; a strange, thinly veiled reference to the disco sucks movement. Then on Volume 2 I included a few of my edits and introduced the cover up concept to the disco world. That caused a bit of controversy, which of course I loved. And so it continued for five volumes.
What we have here then is the full series, give or take one or two cuts, all remastered, many re-re-edited, with lots of nice naked pictures to boot. For those who’ve asked since day one “will there be vinyl” I can finally say yes, you’re holding it!
1. Cheryl Berdell – Giving It All To You
2. Executive Suite – Why In The World Do They Keep On (Funk’in With Me)
3. Disco Warriors – Cumbaya Disco
4. Sandpebbles of Barbados – Suntan
5. The Fans – Ballad of Dr J
6. TC & Company – Let’s Go Disco
7. Chocolate + Joy – Dog It
8. Omni – Disco Socks
9. Curtis -! How Can I Tell Her
1. Silver, Platinu! m & Gold – Just Friends *
2. The Peoples’ Workshop – Funkathone
3. Chocolate City Connection – Take The Music To The Party
4. Universal Robot Band – Disco Boogie Woman
5. Stringfield Family – Sound of Disco Rock
6. The Firebolts – Everybody Party (Get Down)
7. Living Proof – Theme From Living Proof
8. Puff – In The Mood
9. Cordial – Wave
1. Don Renaldo Strings – Fiddlin’ Around *
2. Jimmy Sabater – To Be With You
3. Crosstown Traffic – Party People
4. Alex And His Soul Messengers – Hail To Guyana
5. Harold Butler & The Connection – Gold Connection
6. Ike Noble – Dance, Dance, Dance To The Music (Y’all)
7. The Legal Defense – The Disco Stomp
8. Panaché – Sweet Jazz Music
9. Allan Harris & Perpetual Motion – Get Ready *
1. Arts & Craft – I’ve Been Searching
2. Hot Ice – Dancing Free
3. Volstarr! – Dancin’
4. Superbs – Party Together
5. Gordon’s War – The Rock Is Gonna Get You
6. Alice Street Gang – Bahia
7. Althea Forrest & Togetherness – Hey Mister
8. Mirror – Give It Up
9. The Live Experience – Disco Joint
1. Bobby Sanders & Magic – Strung Out *
2. The Good Life Ltd – I Got It
3. Al Tanner – Doing Our Own Thang
4. Arthur King – Fear
5. Sylvano Santorio – We’ve Got It
6. Mr Q – Party Party
7. Power of Attorney – You Got Over On Me
8. Sizzle – Love Is All Around
9. Brooklyn Express – Back In Time *
All tracks edited by Al Kent except *(original studio version)
Avicii, born Tim Bergling in Stockholm, releases his new video for current single “Le7els”directed by Petro and shot in Los Angeles. “Le7els” has already conquered club charts worldwide, climbing to No. 1 on the international Beatport chart, as well as on the club charts in Germany and Australia, while the success of prior singles “Seek Bromance,” “Street Dancer” and “Fade Into Darkness” have also propelled him into the ranks of superstar DJs who are able to perform to massive crowds. Avicii has headlined such colossal events as Tomorrowland, Ultra Music Festival, Dance Valley, Street Parade, and IDentity festival, and performed on the mainstage at the this year’s Electric Daisy Carnival.
Released by LE7ELS Records/Atom Empire/Interscope, the single is available digitally now
AVICII NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES CONFIRMED
12/27 Flames Central Calgary, Canada
12/28 Events Centre Edmonton, Canada
12/29 The Warfield San Francisco, CA.
12/31 Pier 94 New York, NY