Having teased fans with their latest single ‘All I See’, Bondax’s first Long Player comes in the form of ‘Bondax & Friends: The Mix Album’ released 24th November via Relentless.
Saturated in soul and party vibes, ‘Bondax & Friends: The Mix Album’ encapsulates exactly what Lancaster’s finest friends Adam Kaye and George Townsend have to offer. Featuring their sensational singles such as‘Giving It All’ and ‘All I See’ plus brand new edits and tracks alongside collaborations with Bo Saris, Speelburg, Karma Kid and Ayah Marar, the album distinguishes itself from just any mix with a quality benchmark that Bondax always set to sky-high.
TRACKLIST – BONDAX & FRIENDS: THE MIX ALBUM
– Bondax: Intro
– Bondax: Let Me Be (ft Bo Saris)
– Stwo: Quiet Life
– Karma Kid: Who Knows
– Shagabond: Coral Soup
– DJ Cam Quartet: Rebirth Of Cool
– Olsen: Together
– Alina Baraz: Art Of Persuasion (esta remix)
– Bo Saris: Little Bit More (Bodhi Remix)
– Bondax: Something Good
– Reva Devito: Kisses
– iamnobodi: Monarch
– Bondax: All I see
– Kartell: Lights
– Darius: Hot Hands
– Ali Jameson: Four Thirty (5eya Remix)
– Bondax: Giving It All (Chill VIP)
– Kahwe: Sit Back
– Karma Kid: Bird Of Prey
– Düererstuben: Gscheids Planet
– Jerome LOL: Always (Bondax remix)
– Bondax: Dusk Funk
– Camo & Krooked: Lovin U (Bondax Edit) – Recorded
– French Kiwi Juice: Carelessness
– Duke Dumont: I Got U (Bondax Remix)
Following his lorded debut single Feel the Smoke Rise, enigmatic producer Jaust takes the next steps towards his album Definites. Wearing an entirely different set of colours, We Need a New Life sees Jaust channel his passion for indie and 80’s synth pop. Featuring the vocal talents of James Dean Wells from he Gay Blades, this track will no doubt be finding itself fans in many corners.
Heading up the remixes, Monkeytown Records multi-instrumentalist Alex Banks rewires We Need a New Life in his own unmistakeable style. Taking influence from kaleidoscopic electronica and the LA beats movement in equal parts, his remix sits in no genre camp and is all the better for it.
Portuguese producer Xinobi runs with the remix baton for a 4/4 makeover. As the lead vocals take front and centre, hooking in from the get go before an infectious bass synth jumps into play. This one will take the doors off a disconcerting disco.
Mainlining noise and electro, Shengi makes We Need a New Life her own. Constructing a remix that retains the heart of the original, but opens the curtain to new landscape.
Completing the journey, pushing the limits as he did with Feel the Smoke Rise, Jaust himself grapples We Need a New Life. A cut up style that owes as much to Soulwax as it does to Aphex Twin, try putting this in a box and you will be hard pressed. Jaust is a producer writing his own rules.
1) Jaust – We Need A New Life feat James Dean Wells
2) Jaust – We Need A New Life feat James Dean Wells (Alex Banks Remix)
3) Jaust – We Need A New Life feat James Dean Wells (Xinobi Remix)
4) Jaust – We Need A New Life feat James Dean Wells (Shengi Remix)
5) Jaust – We Need A New Life feat James Dean Wells (Jaust Remix)
Mark Bell, an electronic music innovator and member of the seminal Warp Records act LFO, has passed away.
The label confirmed the news with the following brie fstatement:
It’s with great sadness that we announce the untimely passing of Mark Bell of LFO who died last week from complications after an operation. Mark’s family & friends request privacy at this difficult time.(exclaim report)
Blending a harmonious coexistence between somewhat offkilter, understated yet captivating sonic landscapes, Eskimo Recordings brings you The Green Collection. It’s the followup to the Pink and Blue Collection, throwing a spotlight on their cosmopolitan European roster and electronic pop framework.
A hotbed for new talent, Eskimo has nurtured some of disco’s most infamous faces and veterans such asIvan Smagghe, Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, Rub N Tug and Aeroplane. Featuring twelve new and exclusive tracks from the acclaimed Ghent based imprint, The Green Collection is an enchanted journey through indie dance, nu disco and electronica that allows the discovery of exciting new talents Man Power, Mees Dierdorp, Alexander Skancke, Knight One and Horixon as well as indulgence in exclusive material from established artists such as Satin Jackets, Blende, Vinny Villbass, NTEIBINTand Kraak & Smaak.
Label: Eskimo Recordings
Cat no: 541416506768
Released: Monday November 3rd, 2014
- Shimmer [Knight One]
- Found My Place [Alexander Skancke feat. HEwrote]
- Great Things [Horixon feat. Jacques Teal]
- Lust For Wrong [Vinny Villbass feat. Ost]
- Aviar Alom [Mees Dierdorp]
- Baby [NTEIBINT]
- Ghostnote [Kraak & Smaak]
- Beeech [Duncan Gray]
- Sparkle [Blende]
- Me To You [Trulz & Robin feat. Camilla Luna]
- Skattejag [Man Power]
- Fall Apart [Satin Jackets feat. Patrick Baker]
- The Green Collection (Bonus Mix)
Emanating from the mists of NYC´s over-populated airwaves since 1999, Tim Sweeney´s Beats In Space show has long been a beacon of quality, originality and cutting edge music on a weekly basis for electronic music fans world-wide. The standard and variety of the regular guests has always been extremely high and international DJ´s and artists such as DJ Harvey, Four Tet, Ben UFO, Move D, Jamie XX, Prosumer, James Murphy, Carl Craig, Gerd Janson, Todd Terje and many more have all graced the BIS turntables at one time or another in the last decade and a half.
This special two disc compilation celebrates 15 years of the BIS radio show, label and musical movement. The open minded approach to music and quality control that makes BIS is all down to Tim Sweeney´s flawless programming and dedication to his audience. The first disc is a live mix captured in the WNYU 89.1 studio featuring a host of exclusive tracks and edits from from Azari & III, Edwin Starr, Dukes Of Chutney & Secret Circuit, with thirteen of the sixteen tracks exclusive to the project.
The second disc is a collection of BIS classics and influences that have steered the direction that the show has taken since it´s inception, including some killer under the radar gems, unreleased tracks and secret weapons from the likes of John Talabot, Matias Aguayo, Plaid b Tensnakeand pioneering labels such as Permanent Vacation, Running Back andInternational Feel.
Both mixes help to tell the story of one of the most enduring, vital radio shows out there. Each and every week, on a Tuesday evening Tim takes to the airwaves with a selection of the best old and new music the underground has to offer and the world tunes in. Long live Beats In Space
Label: Beats In Space
Cat no: BIS021CD
Released: Monday November 17th, 2014
1. Edwin Starr – Get Up Whirpool (Eric Duncan Edit)
2. Reuma Abas – Wa´ana Fda Leumi (Apfelberg et Matushka Edit)
3. David Hasert – Deep Horst
4. Azari & III – Party Night
5. Dukes Of Chutney – Jan´s Bellski (Pedrodollar Remix)
6. Masks – Folds I
7. Barnt – Chappell
8. Galcher Lustwerk – Kaint
9. Secret Circuit – Higher Heights (Hidden Fees Remix/Tim Sweeney Edit)
10. Marvin Horsch – Deen
11. Pedrodollar – Free4Love – Studio Barnhus
12. Samuel – A Million Things
13. Gino Bomino- Save The World Now
14. Junior Fairplay – Sugar Puss – Crimes Of The Future
15. EVersions – Shoe
16. El Coco – Coco Kane (Frasier Edit)
CD2 Beats In Space Classics:
1. Baby Oliver – Shot Caller
2. John Talabot – When The Past Was Present (Pachanga Boys Purple Remix)
3. Tensnake – In The End I Want You To Cry
4. Justin Vandervolgen – Clapping Song
5. Quesh – Candy Girl (Crue-L Luger Dub)
6. Plaid – Scoobs In Columbia
7. Matias Aguayo – I Don’t Smoke
8. Butler Kendig – Oh Baby (Snuff Krew Remix 1) L
9. FIT – Tonite (OG Mix) – FIT
10. Ralph Falcon – Every Now And Then
11. Naum Gabo – Pictur (The Loving Hand Remix – Naum Gabo Edit 1)
12. Delia & Gavin – Relevee (Carl Craig Remix)
13. Rocha – Feel The Love (Welcome Stranger Remix)
14. Murat Tepeli – Forever (Prosumer´s Hold Me Touch Me Remix)
15. Balil – 3/4 Heart
16. Tim Blake – Last Ride Of The Boogie Child