#NB4U (Naked Before You) is the highly anticipated debut album from renowned US singer / songwriter, Duane Harden,released on his respected label, Soltrenz on 4November. Duane‘Hit Maker’ Harden is a man responsible for penning some of the biggest crossover dance and pop records of recent years, so it’s no surprise there’s already a lot of hype from the DJ elite in expectation of this long waited album.
Duane Harden is a larger than life personality, well-known for his chart topping releases such as the number 1 hit classic‘U Don’t Know Me with Armand Van Helden, ‘Love Generation’ with Bob Sinclar, ‘Party All Night (Sleep All Day)’ withR&B sensation Sean Kingston, and recent club classics Live Your Life’ and ‘Stronger’ with Erick Morillo. After over 10 years of co-writing, Duane now steps into the spotlight to his unveil his solo album.
The album features vocals by Pussycat Doll’s Jessica Sutta, Australia’s Got Talent judge and Sony Platinum recording artist Timomatic, Ne-Yo’s protégée, Adrienne Bailon, The Voice of David Guetta and Grammy nominated, Chris Willis, to name a few. Production collaborations come from heavyweights Ferry Corsten, Sidney Samson, Bob Sinclar, Louie Vega and many more.
1. Intro (Show Me Some Love) – Duane Harden & David May & Marquito & Kelvin Scott
2. Still Don’t Have You – Duane Harden & Chris Willis & Bimbo Jones
3. Beautiful Life – Duane Harden & Paolo Ortelli & Luke Degree & Christos Gontevas
4. Dying Inside – Duane Harden & Timomatic & Jamie Drastik
5. This Is Ya Life – Duane Harden & Jessica Sutta & Jupiter Ace
6. Turn Ya Light On – Duane Harden & Joel Merry & Ramon Kray-Z
7. Like It Ruff – Duane Harden & Big Ali & Dragonfly & DaOutsidaz feat. Sidney Samson
8. Wanting More – Duane Harden & Ferry Corsten & Moises Modesto
9. Got Me Going Oh – Duane Harden & Cory Lee
10. Days Go By – Duane Harden & Adrienne Bailon & Gilbere Forte & Commands
11. Never Stop – Louie Vega starring Duane Harden
12. Fly On Love – Duane Harden & Michael Malih & Kelvin Scott
Kruse & Nuernberg release their debut artist album through Lazy Days Recordingsin October. ‘Let’s Call It A Day’ sees the Hamburg based pair – who have previously released on labels such as Noir Music, Liebe*Detail and their own Save Room Recordings – step outside their boundaries to present an eclectic journey through their musical influences, including Indie luminariesLittle Dragon, Metronomy and Pheonix. Live pianos and guitars meet their electronic world with finesse through 11 songs, moving through genres and tempos seamlessly in what Lazy Days’ boss Fred Everything has called “a classic dance album in the making”.
The album features singer Stee Downes, who collaborated on last year’s #1 ‘Want You In My Soul’ from Lovebirds, Nathalie Claude, who featured on Andre Lodemann’s ‘Searching’ and Japanese singer Miwaki. They also co-produced a piece with Florian Kruse’s brother, and deep house legend, Vincenzo (Dessous, Poker Flat).
Kruse & Nuernberg have been on the forefront of the revival of the Deep House scene in the past few years. As remixers, they have put their magic touch to artists like Dennis Ferrer and Groove Armada as well as being remixed by legendary producers such as Tom Middleton and DJ Sneak. They are also part of the successful outfit ‘Wiretappeur’, who released on John Digweed’s Bedrock label.
The links between Kruse & Nuernberg and Fred Everything stretch back several years with each being a fan of the other’s work. Their first release on Lazy Days came in May 2010 and they have now recorded three EPs for the label, including a recent collaboration with Fred.
1. Kruse & Nuernberg – Let’s Call It A Day (3:57)
2. Kruse & Nuernberg – For My Life feat. Stee Downes (4:29)
3. Kruse & Nuernberg – Elsewhere feat. Nathalie Claude (5:41)
4. Kruse & Nuernberg – Music Does The Talking feat. Vincenzo (7:16)
5. Kruse & Nuernberg – People Like Us (3:56)
6. Kruse & Nuernberg – Last Chance feat. Stee Downes (7:34)
7. Kruse & Nuernberg – Interacid (Interlude) (3:45)
8. Kruse & Nuernberg – Love Can’t Break You Down feat. Stee Downes (6:54)
9. Kruse & Nuernberg – Float feat. Nathalie Claude (5:40)
10. Kruse & Nuernberg – Leaves Falling feat. Nathalie Claude (5:19)
11. Kruse & Nuernberg – White Smoke feat. Miwaki (3:28)
Louie Vega presents…
“Mad Styles and Crazy Vision 2:
A Journey Into Electronic, Soulful, Afro & Latino Rhythms”
This new double mix CD features music from a diverse pool of artists including Basement Jaxx Feat Yoko Ono, Dennis Ferrer, Anané & her unique style of Nulu Music (label/imprint), Josh Milan (of Blaze), Todd Terry, Loco Dice, Peven Everett, Boddhi Satva and South African superstars Black Coffee and Hugh Masekela
“I just stood there in awe watching Larry Levan work the sound system and play tracks I’ve never heard so powerful.” – Louie Vega on his first visit to the legendary NYC club
Paradise Garage in 1980
Louie Vega remains one of a handful of superstar dj’s that remains close to his musical roots and able to play a tremendous cross section of music to his audiences from the Super Bowl opening to huge township parties in South Africa, Louie’s fanbase keeps on growing. “Mad Styles and Crazy Vision 2: A Journey Into Electronic, Soulful, Afro & Latino Rhythms” was conceived to highlight the fact that the high-energy dance music that graced dance floors throughout the seventies and eighties (and had a profound influence on his own career) is very much relevant today.
The music nerds amongst you will be surprised, as we were, to discover the intricate levels of filtering and phasing that went into Stevie Wonder’s ‘Songs In The Key of Life’ LP, and there is a recognizable strand of today’s disco influenced dance producers applying the trickery of pioneers such as Larry Levan, Arthur Baker and Patrick Adams. Full marks if you acquire this album – not only for supporting the movement but also for acknowledging the great fusion that disco was and still is. With sprinklings of African, Latin, jazz, funk and electro pop rhythms the production today is tighter in some instances but still breathy, sexy, up tempo and ultimately for the sweaty dance floor. While Louie circles the globe spreading his musical message, this compilation manages to capture some of the magic he brings to the various dancefloors.
Grammy Award winner (and four time Grammy nominated) and house music pioneer Louie Vega is one of the leading Dance Music DJ’s in the world. He is also one half of the legendary DJ/Production team Masters at Work who produced and remixed countless songs for the likes of Madonna, George Benson, Marc Anthony, Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, and Curtis Mayfield to name a few. They also went on to release the acclaimed landmark Nuyorican Soul project on Talking Loud/ Mercury Records in 1997.
Over a decade ago Louie Vega did his first mix CD for the BBE label. Finally the follow up to Mad Styles and Crazy Visions takes up the mantle of how far dance music has continued to evolve fusing a broad range of influences that sum up Louie Vega and the BBE music philosophy.
Release Date: June 6, 2011
CD / Vinyl / Digital
CD 1 mixed by Louie Vega01. Basement Jaxx – Day Of The Sunflowers (We March On) (feat. Yoko Ono)
02. Dennis Ferrer – Red Room
03. Anané – Plastic People (ADRS Mix)
04. Todd Terry – I’m Your DJ (feat. Cassio Ware)(Tee’s InHouse Mix)
05. Loco Dice – Pimp Jackson Is Talkin’ Now!!! (Loco Dice Mix)
06. Reboot – Shunyata
07. Butch – No Worries
08. Marlon D – U.C. Anthem Charles Webster Main Mix)
09. Boddhi Satva – Who Am I (feat. Athenai & C. Robert Walker) (c2 Version Mix)
10. Dj Koze – I Want To Sleep
11. Agev Munsen – Gotta Get With You (feat. Cassio Ware) ( Ancestral Mix)
12. Marc Romboy vs. Blake Baxter – Muzik (Kink Mix)
13. Agev Munsen – Can Drum
14. Timmy Regisford – At The Club (feat. Lynn Lockamy) (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Organ and Vocal Mix)
15. Peven Everett – Burning Hot (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Remix)
16. Elements of Life – Love Will Know feat. Lisa Fischer (DJ Spen & Karizma Remix)
17. Adam Rios & Ruben Toro Pres. Temple Movement – Sunday Sessions
18. Rocco & C. Robert Walker – I Love The Night
19. Robert Strauss – Level 52 feat. Richie Henessey & Chris Rouse (Strauss’ Broadway Mix)
20. Peven Everett – Inspiration (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Remix)
CD 2 mixed by Louie Vega01. Black Coffee – We Are One (feat. Hugh Masekela) (Louie Vega EOL Mix)
02. Phil Asher – Textya (Chachalekpafun) (feat. SPRY) (Lost Heroes Revision (Congo Afrotech Version 1)
03. Boddhi Satva Pres. Mangala Camara – Wilile (Antonello Coghe & Rancido Remix)
04. Paul Deep – Alafia (Feat. Sheyi) (Alpha & Olmega’s Ethnic Vocal Mix)
05. Jihad Muhammad – Roho Yangu (Jihad’s Movement Mix)
06. Ian Friday – Found Myself (feat. Chris Rob) (Lovestar Remix)
07. Eric Kupper – Bloom
08. Papo Sanchez – Guaganco (Terry Hunter Remix)
09. Luis Radio & Raffa Scoccia – Organismo
10. Anané – Terra Longe (Antonello Coghe & Filipe Narciso Remix)
11. Lou Gorbea & Chris Perez – Babalu Aye Y Yemaya (feat. Nina)(Lou2Chris Mix)
12. Black Coffee – Superman (feat. Bucie) (Club Mix)
13. Boddhi Satva – Stop Jealousy (feat. Ze Pequino) (Culeo De Song’s Kamnguni Remix)
14. Professor – Imoto (feat. Charactor)
15. Nitin – Silent Scales (Yoruba Soul Mix)
16. Aero Manyelo – Masiku feat. Ernest (Antonello Coghe & Filipe Narciso No Organ Mix)
17. Professor – Jezebel (feat. Oskido)
18. DJ Gregory & Gregor Salto – Canoa
19. Pawel – Panamerican (Yoruba Soul Mix)
20. jOHNNYDANGEROUs presents Juan Hoerni – Larry Classic
21. Josh Milan – Your Body (Dance Ritual Dub)
22. Ariel Figueroa – Baba Zulu
23. Boddhi Satva & Louie Vega – Life Is A Lesson (feat. Vivian K.) (Louie Vega Mix)