Archive for Experimental
Some of the best tracks from albums,ep’s,compilations…arrived at our mailbox extramusicnew(at)gmail.com.
If you want your music at our promo charts-send your music!
Use Search for more info:stream,free downloads,tour…
TOP 100 Promo Chart March 2014 -ELECTRONIC
1. Illum Sphere – At Night (Featuring Mai Nestor) (3:51) INFO
2. Fontarrian – Wait For Me (5:22) INFO
3. PillowTalk – Home Sick (5:18) INFO
4. Lune – Boys ‘n’ Roses (3:42) INFO
5. El Pres Beats – Vervelend Jong (3:02) INFO
6. VNDMG – Bordello Blush (4:17) INFO
7. Rennie Foster – Searchin’ for XTC (Dagham & remlaB Remix) (6:18) INFO
8. Jackethat – New Line (Agraba & Monkey Fish Remix) (6:28) INFO
9. Coco Solid – 2 Wise 2 Wed (3:07) INFO
10. Lack of Afro – No Guts No Glory (3:45) INFO
11. Kiings x Christopher Porterfield Garden(4:51)
12. Taj Weekes & Adowa – Blood On The Street (3:25)
13. B O F C – Burn It Down (4:45)
14. DevelopMENT & Trilla – Reload (4:37)
15. Sizzla, Ed Solo, Stickybuds – I’m Living (Ed Solo & Stickybuds Remix) (5:35)
16. Beedeep – Strong (Original Mix) (6:37)
17. Emerson Twin – Dance Of The Space Pygmies (3:18)
18. Summed – Mad mad (5:09)
19. Dimito – Entierro (Original Mix) (6:11)
20. Christian Prommer – Hanging On The DJ Booth (Album Version) (5:22)
21. BlakSpun – Space Powder (8:13)
22. Not On Earth – Ratio (Original Mix) (4:40)
23. Electrosexual – Tempelhof (David Carretta Remix) (7:12)
24. Kalbata & Mixmonster – Prisoner in Love (4:16)
25. Riccicomoto and Ivan Garci – Walk With Me (Ivan Garci Special Edit) (6:51)
26. Mountal – Don’t Look Back (6:50)
27. .Motif – Lucid (Original Mix) [Spirit Soul Records] (5:59)
28. DashaRush – Ocean Shy (9:24)
29. Emerson Twin – Dance Of The Space Pygmies (3:18)
30. Belfie & Alex Tea present Chicago Stories – What Can You Do For Me (5:53)
31. Universal Language – Blue Field (8:11)
32. Kids Electronics – Civilization – Original Mix [Green Mono] (4:41)
33. Positive Flow – Do What I Do feat. Omar (Soulpersona Raregroove Remix) (5:34)
34. Lula Circus – My Reflection (Short Instrumental Version) (7:12)
35. Ian Metty – Feel About A Bass (Original Mix) (6:24)
36. Eddie Hu – I don’t want to know (Dub version) (6:32)
37. Larry Cadge – As Time Goes By (Original Mix) (6:29)
38. Sarp Yilmaz – Don’t Go On Me (Original Mix) (6:15)
39. Funk D’Void – Lambo (6:32)
40. Rust & Dust – Praus (Nektar Agu Remix) (9:53)
41. Occupanther – TaleaEP 01 Occupanther – Down (3:08)
42. Burnin Tears – U Don’t Get Me (feat. Jakobin) (7:21)
43. VSK – 9mm (Vilix Remix) (6:12)
44. Standard Fair – HERE I AM (6:39)
45. Burro Banton, Cornel Campbell – Pressure (5:19)
46. Rick Sanders & Larry Cadge – Azimuth (Original Mix) (7:48)
47. Ennio Colaci – MY DEVIL Original (5:38)
48. Prince Alla – Addis A Baba (6:09)
49. Heretic – Quantum Machine (5:18)
50. Deas,Midi Zoo – The Drugs (8:07)
51. Pinchers – Guide Me Oh Jah (3:49)
52. RyanPamatmat After Four (6:51)
53. Nadja Lind – Beirut Deep Night (6:20)
54. Tomas Jirku – Deep Space House (6:45)
55. Ivanov – New Sky (Soulphiction Remix) (7:08)
56. John Jastszebski – The Set Up (7:42)
57. Luca Bear – Strictly Forbidden (Reworked) (7:28)
58. Neve – Anaesthetic (Original Mix) (7:04)
59. Robert Feedmann – Letters (6:12)
60. DECiBEL Ft. Slick Don – Work (Jerome Price Remix) (7:24)
61. Joss Moog – Who Thinks (Main) (7:26)
62. Marc Cotterell – These Things! (Seed vs Boomtune Mix) (8:32)
63. Kaelan&Z.I.P.P.O(3KZ) – Bounder (6:21)
64. P.O.O.F – We Will Find It Out feat.LM (7:10)
65. Sebastian Fleischer – Roots (Original Mix) (9:00)
66. DAN.K – Nobody (Gorkiz Remix) (6:31)
67. Raffaele Effe – Da Funk (Original Mix) (7:56)
68. Tomson & Fyza – Elevate (Tomson Dub) (6:45)
69. Lex Newton – Take On Me (radio edit) (3:15)
70. Luca Lento – Poema (Mendo Remix) (7:00)
71. Milkplant&TheAutomaticMessage – Lights At 1000 Meters (9:12)
72. Mekas – CajaNegra (6:04)
73. Mastaba Audio – Poltergeist (Original Mix) (6:41)
74. Orelse – Mash Up The Fun (Original Mix) [Green Mono] (6:32)
75. Alex Mine, Stiv Hey – Separate Paths (Original Mix) (7:51)
76. Invalyd feat. Jonny Rose – Let Your Heart Go (4:30)
77. Bara Bröst – Self Control (Original Mix) (7:10)
78. Paul Hazendonk Noraj Cue – Youre My Habit Lanks Bad Habit (7:02)
79. Fabio Ferrini & Roland Clark – What That Is? (The MiamiBeachBears Remix) (6:39)
80. Julian Ganzer – Besides (feat. Eric D. Clark) (7:48)
81. Dave Rosario – Better Days (original mix) (7:18)
82. AFFKT – Therapy (Satori remix) (5:47)
83. Nadja Lind and Brendon Moeller – Saharan Night (6:01)
84. Joton – Collision (Soolee Remix) (8:01)
85. Sergio Fernandez – Sergio Fernandez – Tower of God [Kraftek] (6:40)
86. Julien Sandre & Ivo Toscano – Adore (7:10)
87. Valmont – Guidi (3:38)
88. CeCe Rogers & Mari Ferrini – How Can I? (MiamiBeachBears Remix) (6:24)
89. Sami Wentz – Let it Love (Original Mix) (7:03)
90. Doppelherz – Tear It All Down (Original Mix) (7:11)
91. George Apergis VS Alex Retsis – Minthe (Dave Tarrida Remix) (5:45)
92. D-Rashid – Famous (Original Mix) (5:20)
93. Alex Bau – Affin144 03 Alex Bau – Diversions (Measure Divide Remix) (5:57)
94. Phil Kieran – Going There (6:17)
95. Planetary Assault Systems – Riot In Silo 12 (5:57)
96. Daddy’s Groove & Congorock – Synthemilk (Extended Mix) (5:07)
97. DaveTarida – Sugar Rush (Al Ferox Rmx) (5:31)
98. JosePouj – Stealth (Luis Ruiz Remix) (5:42)
99. Synthek&Audiolouis – The Storm (6:08)
100. Deorro – Five Hours (Original Mix) (5:26)
TOP 15 World Promo Chart March 2014
TOP 150 Promo Chart February 2014
TOP 25 Promo Chart V/A February 2014
TOP 50 Promo Chart January 2014
TOP 25 Promo Chart V/A December 2013
TOP 150 Promo Chart – December 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – November 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – October 2013
TOP 20 Promo Chart Rock/Indie October 2013
TOP 150 Promo Chart – September 2013
TOP 200 Promo Chart – August 2013
TOP 150 Promo Chart – July 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – June 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – May 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – April 2013
TOP 100 Promo Chart – March 2013
TOP 50 Promo Chart -February 2013
Top 100 Tracks of 2012
TOP 50 Best Albums of 2012
TOP 70 Promo Chart – December 2012
TOP 50 Promo Chart – November 2012
TOP 40 Promo Chart – October 2012
TOP 50 Promo Chart- September 2012
TOP 40 Promo Chart – June 2012
TOP 50 Promo Chart – May 2012
TOP 50 Promo Chart – April 2012
TOP 40 Promo Chart – March 2012
TOP 10 Radio Hits March
TOP 70 February Promo Chart
TOP 50 October Promo Chart
TOP 30 Promo Chart August 2011
FORMATS:DIGITAL ALBUM, VINYL LP
Fontarrian is Marlon T.L. Fink. Hailing from Graz, Austria, his influences are too wide and far scattered around the globe to be mentioned just here. He‘s been making music since 2006, on various occasions live and as a DJ. He‘s part of the RDMH (River Deep Mountain High) collective, hosting parties every now and then. »vlv« consists of 10 tracks that have been sketched out in the last couple of years and were finalized this past winter.
His debut effort for Berlin-based label antiME offers a glimpse into a fragile yet eclectic spectrum of sounds consisting of loopy vocal bits, slowly unwinding washes of dream-like ambience, distinctively (s)tumbling almost jazzy percussions and an ever-present, blissful warmth. the latter emanates from and sucks you into what seems to be a world of its own. Like a lo-fi attempt at capturing momentary twists of the heart through significantly diverse tracks – imperfect nonetheless – the album feels like a mixtape you‘ve set out to record for someone special, but somehow never got around to.
A master of the rhythmic enterprise, San Francisco based VNDMG has been melding both head-shaking basslines and addictive upbeat samples in his work, all encompassed by his signature enlightening and effervescent technique. Originally rooted in industrial music he moved onto IDM/ Downtempo with atmospheric beats and warm, sophisticated textures. He has most recently focused on more driven bass oriented genres up in the glitch-hop, crunk and trap department.
In his latest release “Million Minds”, he continues to blend experimental chill beats with dance- floor banger vibes. Featuring twisted and cerebral rhythms and hard hitting bass drops dripping with hyphey hooks, this full length album paves soundwaves for the mind and body. The beats of “Million Minds” run deep and dark like the city streets at night peppered with sonic blinky lights that keep your brain lit up like Times Square.
Ryan Hunn, AKA Illum Sphere, is founder of Manchester’s renowned club night Hoya:Hoya, has remixed Radiohead, toured the world’s best club nights and released music on some of its finest imprints – 3024, Tectonic, Young Turks, and now Ninja Tune, where he’s found a long term home.
His album arrives on the back of eager expectation. If anyone seemed set to make one of the standout albums of the era, it was Illum Sphere. The good news is that he’s delivered in spades.
Ghosts Of Then And Now has been deliberately and uncompromisingly conceived as a full length record; an album in the traditional sense, full of music that couldn’t be more modern, whilst nodding to Hunn’s various influences.
Opener “Liquesce” – which features the drumming of Shigeto – is aptly titled, conjuring as it does a sense of blissful dissolution. It also contains a haunting refrain that’s deceptively familiar, the sort of melody line you’ll hear for years. The song ends abruptly (and cleverly) in a deep intake of breath, as if preparing itself for the album ahead.
“At Night” shows not only how adept with vocals Illum Sphere is – layering Mai Nestor of Facit’s beautiful voice into his music in a startlingly effective fashion – but also just how far he pushes the template of his form. Elements of all the go-to genres’ glitch, bass and drum experimentation are present here, but Hunn has mastered them completely, using them only for genuine emotive effect.
“The Road” is the first of three fruitful collaborations with Shadowbox, AKA Bonnie Baxter. Driving drums with an industrial edge merge with anxious synths and looping, lilting melodies, the distinctive, rich vocal both seductive and foreboding.
“It’ll Be Over Soon” builds from an exploratory, ominous groove to a frenetic, restless release, in a study of mood that approaches the existential. “Lights Out / In Shinjuku’s” deep bass and elemental, sci-fi synths steer the album towards its transcendental ending in “Embryonic.” This the final part of the three Shadowbox collaborations, see her return to glorious effect. A simple, shuffle-swing drum and haunting melody give way to abruptly to ocean-deep bass and vast, emotive melody.
Ghosts Of Then And Now is further proof that electronic music is taking giant leaps forward. This is a record so rich in ideas, themes, textures and writing that it will draw the listener in time and time again. As such, it will take its place alongside the best works in the form.
Monkeytown Records pres. Alex Banks debut EP ‘All You Could Do’ (Stream Now)+Debut album “Illuminate” out June 2ndPosted in News with tags Alex Banks, Alex Banks All You Could Do, Alex Banks Illuminate, Electronic, Elizabeth Bernholz, Experimental, Gazelle Twin, Gernot Bronsert, Listen, Modeselektor, Monkeytown, Monkeytown Records, Phon.o, Stream, Trip Hop on February 28, 2014 by E.N.
Signed to the illustrious Berlin label Monkeytown, Brighton based producer Alex Banks will release his All You Could Do EP on May 2nd.
Streaming online now is single b-side, Alex’s own All You Could Do (Alternate Version) featuring vocals from Elizabeth Bernholz of Gazelle Twin.
The new ‘All You Could Do’ EP from Alex Banks sees him exploring similar territory to his eclectic Monkeytown label bosses Modeselektor, fusing techno crunch with the electro-indie songwriting suss of groups such as Animal Collective. His debut long player will follow on June 2nd, having been enthusiastically snapped up by the label….
“When Alex Banks sent us his demo we were stoked!
We were so enthusiastic that we did not hesitate to meet and sign him on Monkeytown for the next three albums.It’s really rare to find an artist who has never released something before and who comes up with such a great album!We wish the world big fun with it!!” (Gernot Bronsert / Monkeytown Records / Modeselektor)
All You Could Do EP available on 12″ Vinyl and Digital Download from May 2nd:
A1 – All You Could Do feat. Elizabeth Bernholz
A2 – Phosphorus
B1 – All You Could Do feat. Elizabeth Bernholz (Phon.o Remix)
B2 – All You Could Do (Alternate Version)
Picked acoustic guitar comes together with pulsating machine rhythms, all made emotive and human by the melancholic vocals of Alex’s Brighton associate Elizabeth Bernholz of Gazelle Twin.
As well as the original ‘All You Could Do’, in all its moody fierceness, there’s a beautifully stark pulsating remix by German DJ-producer Phon.o, a haunting slow techno ‘Alternate’ take, and a brand new tune called ‘Phosphorus’ that comes on like the mighty Crystal Castles raving it up at a Polish warehouse party.
All in all, it’s a package that presents Alex Banks as a name to watch and makes his new album, ‘Illuminate’, all the more eagerly anticipated, with its release on June 2nd.
01 – Silent Embrace feat. Elisabeth Bernholz
02 – Solar
03 – All You Coul Do feat. Elisabeth Bernholz
04 – Initiate
05 – Lights
06 – Phosphorus
07 – A Matter of Time feat. Elisabeth Bernholz
08 – Sheya
09 – Hush
10 – Unknown
Debut album Illuminate out June 2nd on Monkeytown Records.
The release was produced by Brian Eno with 22 year old Fred Gibson, continuing an ongoing collaboration between Karl and Brian which sees the two together on a complete album for the first time.
“A lot of the nicer cities I know are cities built on hills, and the cities are beautiful because the buildings have a challenge to adapt to. They have to mould themselves around the geology that they’ve formed upon. And that always makes for very interesting buildings, because they can’t just be blocks, they have to somehow morph around the environment. A lot of the constructions on the album were deliberately irregular and awkward.
I had a big collection of ‘beginnings’ sitting around waiting for something to galvanise them into life, to make them more than just ‘experiments’. That something turned out to be Karl Hyde.”
- Brian Eno
“It’s a bit like being nine years old again. You have no idea what you’ve just been given, the record button has been pressed and you’re on. And then these unlikely patterns start to happen. The biggest surprise was discovering we both had a love of Afrobeat, Cyclical music based in live playing. When Brian played me these early tracks it was, ‘Oh my god, this is home! Can I borrow a guitar?”
- Karl Hyde
ENO • HYDE
01. The Satellites
02. Daddy’s Car
03. A Man Wakes Up
05. Strip It Down
06. Mother Of A Dog
07. Who Rings The Bell
08. When I Built This World
09. To Us All
Artwork: Brian Eno · Cover photo: Karl Hyde
Design: Nick Robertson
Someday World is released on Special Edition 2CD (with four bonus songs), CD, Double Gatefold LP and Digital formats. Subscribe at www.enohyde.com for more information and for first news of new music.
Free Download http://koloto.bandcamp.com/